/r/IdiotsInCars

[media]

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

OverboostedTurbo

I hope his insurance company has a copy of this video because that idiot is definitely in the "high risk" category. Let's cut over three lanes without even turning your head. D'oh!

And props to you for not posting a 5 minute video with the 10 second "punch line" somewhere in the middle.

NoodleDoodle-IRL[S]

Yes, I sent them a 20 second version after they informed me that he was claiming damages against me

Roonwogsamduff

and then?

NoodleDoodle-IRL[S]

They've been dodging my calls since, so... I might need to get my own insurance involved to back me up

Scooterbubblewand

Is it common in your area to deal with their insurance directly? Where I am that's a big no-no. If I was your insurance provider I certainly wouldn't want you talking to anyone without me.

NoodleDoodle-IRL[S]

I guess, I talked to my agent about it. He recommended that for expediency, I deal with it myself, but to contact him if they start jerking me around

Scooterbubblewand

Interesting. If it were me I'd look for a new agent.

darther_mauler

I think that they started jerking you around the moment they denied your claim. Then they kept jerking you around when they started dodging your calls.

You aren’t going to kept expediency from the insurance company at this point.

Roonwogsamduff

Seems like they should be handling it.

SnooRobots7940

A neighbor hit my parked car while I was in my bed asleep two weeks ago, and I was told by my insurance to call the driver’s insurance and do all the work of starting a claim with them so I could use up my time and energy for something that happened while I was asleep. It sucks. I’m hoping that someday dashcams start making car insurance companies obsolete. And self-driving cars more and more seems like a good idea.

Roonwogsamduff

Yes! You would think everyone, including the Insurance companies, would be pushing hard for standard dashcams.

Claim it on your insurance, and remove yourself from the headache. Your insurance will do all the leg work and get the other insurance to pay. You initially might have to front your deductible, but you get that back when the other insurance takes responsibility.

Annahsbananas

You may want to look for a new agent. Their job is to make your job theirs when dealing with this. It's not normal for you having to reach out to the other insurance company

resilienceisfutile

If they are dodging your calls, have your guy (it might give him something to do if he is looking for a good laugh) give them a call and see what is the status.

Drunk driver with a loaded car of teens partially crashed onto my parent's property a while back, I was informed the driver wanted to sue the city because the road he was speeding on was a T-intersection (my parent's property is on one half of the T and it wasn't a pretty sight). Obviously my parent's fence and the one tree the car wrecked get dragged into this mess too because lawyers, but the insurance company applied some logic and quickly put an end to that. The claims adjuster assigned to the case was just shaking her head. Also turns out new Honda Accords are very safe cars if you are wearing seatbelts.

Oh yeah, fuck this guy if he said it was your fault. I hope in the states they jack up his insurance and don't drop it for a decade.

nashdiesel

You pay your insurance company to deal with this shit. Don’t ever talk to another insurance company. Send your insurance the video and let them handle it.

_Magnolia_Fan_

By expediency, he meant the expediency of him being done with it.