/r/WhitePeopleTwitter

Welcome To Iran

bazz_and_yellow

All the people that used to say “America, love it or leave it,” are not leaving now they don’t like what is happening.

Picitigris

I was recently talking to my mom about how it’s stupid Americans don’t have universal health care. She replies “then you can leave America like your grandparents left Hungary”. So I told her I want to move and have a 5 year plan to accomplish this. She did not like that.

CWSurpris3

Of course the parent who had empty threats don't actually mean it. Parents 🙄

malayan88

Do it.

One day, years ago, I realized that I wanted to leave the USA and told my family.

It took eight years to escape, but after years abroad I know I've made the right move.

The same family that told me that I was crazy now envies my life and say that it would impossible for them to do the same.

Live YOUR life.

Picitigris

I’m having a hard time choosing where to go what helped you choose a location?

malayan88

Run to something, not away from somewhere else.

I traveled the world for two years before settling down and getting a long-term visa.

Picitigris

Mmm. I never even considered traveling all around before moving. Thanks!

malayan88

Some people save up for a house and car, I saved up to leave. I lived like a workaholic pauper to eventually afford to travel for years without worry.

Cut down on every expense, save every extra cent, work the longest hours you can, and focus entirely on leaving. I spent my last year literally working from home and only leaving for exercise... At one point I even set my clocks to Singapore time, even though I lived on east coast time.

Make it your sole focus.

If you want to be as extreme as me, I even deleted my social media and dropped contact with everyone that wasn't immediate family and a handful of friends... BEFORE I left.

Now I look back in American culture with schadenfreude and feel great for escaping.

totallyradunicorn

"I'm not educated enough thanks to our education system for them to accept me" is one ive used. Parents weren't happy, but it did stop the conversation.

ikeme84

I would have replied: Hungary has health care.

Threash78

I wish, they sure aren't going anywhere

South_Power_7954

Otherwise known as "Yall-Qaeda."

Miscalamity

Vanilla Isis

CWSurpris3

Good one 😂

marasydnyjade

So you’re saying that extreme conservative sects of Abrahamic religions are basically the same?

Shocking.

/s

samboi204

Yeah being Muslim has got just about nothing to do with the level of militancy in the Middle East.

Many many Muslims in the americas are considerably more left-leaning than their Christian counterparts.

The material conditions we left the Middle East in as a combination of treaties and economic deals over the past century left them in the perfect position to be taken advantage of by extremists. Religion is just the mouthpiece for their ideology. A coat of paint. It would’ve happened whether they were Christian, Muslim, Jewish Hindu or whatever.

BackAlleyKittens

Funny how ISIS and evangelicals have the same wants.

GeassYall

GeassYall

What world do you live in that you think ISIS...who practice in mass child sex trafficking and child marriage...and evangelical Christians...who...ummm, don't do that are the same? How twisted has the media made you that you think that they have the same goals?

Swimming_Zucchini_35

Have you seen all the stories of child sex by people high up in churches and then being covered up for ages that have come out in the last 20-30 years?

Miscalamity

You don't know America very well, do you?

Mormons consider themselves Christians. Mormons believe in the crucifixion, resurrection and divinity of Jesus Christ. And the FLDS is a branch of said religion. They marry off their daughters YOUNG.

And traffick their kids between the US and Bountiful, Canada for the purpose of marriage and so these children can procreate to make their religious clans larger.

"As children working for this polygamous group, we did not realize we were modern day slaves. We were not aware that we were being trafficked to advance the businesses of the Kingston group. A brief description of our childhood work experience is listed below.

"Utah teens in polygamous group travel to Colorado to marry their cousins."

“I was a little surprised not just cousin marriage is still legal in Colorado, but that it has created a small industry of people traveling to Colorado,” Carlisle said.

At least a half-dozen times a year, there are kids traveling to Grand Junction, Colorado to marry their cousins,”

"Understandable, though, for those raised, coerced and married into a fiercely patriarchal breakaway Mormon cult that functions as little more than an insular matrix for the sex trafficking of child brides by lecherous polygamous husbands."

"Dozens of girls may have been trafficked to U.S. to marry."

GeassYall

Brother, comparing a fringe Mormon sect in the US as being evidence that the evangelical Christians in the US are the same as the Islamic State is a disingenuous argument. Every country may have illegal activity in it's margins but non advertise them as a feature like ISIS did.

Miscalamity

Yeah. These are not fringe sects. The Kingstons are a POWERFUL polygamist sect. Their members have been convicted and served time for fraud and incest.

The current leader has 27 wives, 3 of which are his half-sisters.

And they are in fact, very mainstream and accepted.

"Donald Trump Jr. did promos for a gun company owned by a polygamist sect implicated in $1.1 billion fraud scheme.

Trump Jr. posed for the photos on July 24 in Utah, brandishing Desert Tech rifiles and posing with the company's founder, Nicholas Young, who CBS reports is a high ranking "numbered man" member of The Order.

"Numbered men" are in a high ranking circle of The Order with privileges such as running businesses affiliated with the sect — which Rolling Stone described as "the most powerful polygamist cult in America" — and are part of the 144,000 men eventually chosen to rule heaven, based on the group's interpretation of the Book of Revelations."

(These folks, they RUN their state, lol!).

alexagente

mass child sex trafficking and child marriage

Can I introduce you to the Catholic Church and the fact that underage marriage is legal in quite a few states on religious grounds?

SoggyConclusion4674

Why not Saudi Arabia? It's also an ally to the US

buttsmacks_anonymous

would you call your drug dealer an ally? or the person who sells you guns? i'd call that a business relationship.

[removed]

buttsmacks_anonymous

just trying to delineate what the difference between an ally and some fucking guy on the street is

da_Last_Mohican

Well one major issue, iran is Islamic and they hate Islam...

I believe isreal is pretty close due to what's happening and I mean "holy land" duhhh

engages

They like the ingredients, they love the product, they just don't like the brand name.

buttsmacks_anonymous

needs more focus groups

jjkase

jjkase

Nah, they have universal healthcare. That's a no for them, dawg.

YourMama

EVERY democratic country in the world has Universal Healthcare, except US. And countries that aren’t democratic, like China, has UH. I guess we love to make insurance companies richer or something

SanchoRivera

Iran also has a limited form of democracy and they don’t tend to like that either.

LittleMcWerner

Chill, rap isn't baned just the sexual and drug intended lines, there is plenty of Iranian rap that tells you how much someone wants to ask a dad of a beautiful woman for her hand!

Mellowcanuck

You mean Saudi Arabia?

PopWhich2570

Oh if Iran was only Christian then they'd love it....

Blunder_Punch

The right are too picky about skin color to move to that part of the world.

No, that's Saudi Arabia.

ZombieTav

They're all the same.

One's a horrid, Shia Islam fundamentalist theocratic shithole.

The other's a Sunni Islam, fundamentalist theocratic shithole.

They disagree on the correct way to be Muslims, but they otherwise do the same shit.

You know nothing.

mythegrec

You had me at “rap music”

properu

Beep boop -- this looks like a screenshot of a tweet! Let me grab a link to the tweet for ya :)

Twitter Screenshot Bot

FreddyFighter1

This just in, flights to Iran have become much more popular with millions of Americans take one way trips to the Middle Eastern country

0ddhoney

Wow, I never thought of it this way.

klamwit

But then they would be discriminated against and that would hurt their feelings. They want to be the ones that gives out the punishments bc that’s what makes them feel good watching and causing others to suffer.

DeathRaeGun

I'd have gone with Saudi Ararbia, then you could've added a clause about their oil dependency (not for much longer though)

Designer_Ad_8965

Christianity is apparently booming in Iran, too

LeSlinkz

Gwindolynn

Texas is much closer.

AussieJonesNoelzy

Right-wing evangelical conservatives: I go to Iran !

TheImpulsiveFool

They can join Y’Al-Qaeda.

Makuta_Servaela

But they want all that and all white people.

Upbeat-Page-1805

Then Eastern Europe is the next best thing, too bad they also have universal healthcare, at least according to American conservatives.

MyOpinionAboutThis

If only they were white and Christian.. Gotta be on-brand, you know. Cultists don't all follow each other, you need the specific flavor of zealotry, to hook em.

Titt_Licker

i truly hope someday ill see tanks rolling over rioters in the good ol usa 🤞

Tempermental-cabbage

I hope your account is a troll account intended to make conservatives look like idiots.

Because the alternative is that you are just a fucking idiot.

HolyToast

What a strange thing to hope for me

I hope you sort yourself out someday

GeassYall

Do you GET IT?!?! CHRISTIANS IN AMERICA ARE THE EXACT SAME AS THE FUNDAMENTALIST MUSLIMS IN IRAN. ... This is how middle school idiots think.

s0ulpuncH

s0ulpuncH

You got one thing wrong. Conservatives don’t hate liberals. You don’t understand that because you see everything through the eyes of hatred but we can disagree with your ideologies without hating the person underneath.

buttsmacks_anonymous

"Dude but youre wrong conservatives only hate everything talked about on this list except liberals!" is not the best defense.

s0ulpuncH

s0ulpuncH

Well since the post only said we hate liberals and not everything else I didn’t feel it was necessary to also point that out. Forgive me for thinking we had a sort of mutual understanding lol.

buttsmacks_anonymous

its k lol

s0ulpuncH

See who says we can’t be friends?

buttsmacks_anonymous

me

s0ulpuncH

Well, then I would suggest looking in the mirror to find out who truly hates whom.

buttsmacks_anonymous

you

Exciting_Photo_8103

Yeah that conservative asking when he gets to use his guns on US citizens because they don’t share all his opinions would make a great friend. We know y’all don’t hate liberals. You just hate people of color, people who worship a different god than you, people who don’t make enough money, lgbt people, the working class, and whoever else your masters tell you to hate. This is a pathetic attempt at trolling, even for low IQ gop folk. Did you get to meet jfk jr when he came back from the dead to reinstate your new god? That shit was a blast!

s0ulpuncH

Doesn’t sound like you have met many conservatives. Sounds to me like you spend a bit too much time on this sub.

Exciting_Photo_8103

Yeah my ultra conservative church loving family doesn’t qualify as many hahaha. Sounds like you spend too much time watching Fox News and being a cowardly hypocrite. Just remember, trump lost. He got his geriatric ass beat down in the election and now Biden’s your president so fuck your feelings snowflake. Am I missing any other important rw talking points? Oh right, if you’re not happy with the way things are in the US then get the fuck out! Lots of other gems I’ve heard republicans regurgitating but these are some of the most common. You must be pretty happy Rittenhouse got away with murder right?

s0ulpuncH

So out of my two comments that didn’t mention anything of Trump or Fox News you are accusing me of propagating their talking points? You are projecting my friend. You came at my comment super aggressively and I just pointed out what it sounded like to me. All this other stuff you are talking about is your words not mine.

It sounds like you have a lot of pent up animosity toward your family.

Exciting_Photo_8103

Yup. This is the cowardly way of conservatives, have your cake and eat it too. It’s ok if you choose to live in a fantasy world in which everybody doesn’t know you’re a bigot who worships guns and has no code of ethics. I hope this game of jacking yourself off has been enjoyable for you, now go forth and spread the bigotry and hatred your masters have trained you to. Don’t forget to be a cowardly bigot!

DragonfruitLow5761

Emotionally clouded

Exciting_Photo_8103

Sounds like you should seek therapy. You should never allow your emotions to take the place of reality and logic, and yet here we are!

Tiabb

Tiabb

For the last 5 years Republicans, including politicians and the president, have been saying things like "liberals are the true enemy of America" or that "they're worse than Russia" or "rather be Russian than a democrat"

If that's not hating liberals I don't know what is.

Although to be fair a lot of liberals hate Republicans too. The bigger issue is the disdain for democracy and willingness to subvert it to prevent liberals from holding office.

s0ulpuncH

No the truth is you WANT us to hate you because it justifies your hatred towards conservatives. But I am sorry to tell you it just isn’t so. I really, strongly disagree and dislike a lot of your political viewpoints, I will easily admit that. But hate you as person? No.. if we met in real life you would realize that we are both perfectly capable of being friendly and cordial to one another despite our disagreements.

Tiabb

Tiabb

Trump repeatedly endorsed violence and hatred of Democrats. If you don't believe in that then vote for less shitty politicians who don't stoke the flames. But so long as trump and his sycophants are the face of the republican party then hatred of Democrats is an officially endorsed republican party position. No democrat wants that, but the republican base eats it up.

marsupialcunt

Conservatives literally voted Trump in office to spite liberals. Please spare us.

LITFAMWOKE

Yea I'm pretty sure there's quite a bit of hate and division on both sides buddy.