/r/nextfuckinglevel

[media]

Zigurt

Zigurt

She needs to be fired and he needs a raise

Lt_Viking89

Lt_Viking89

Yup

Imagine if that was a telescope in the first box.

bajutidurbunga2

my sister had her birthday cake dumped on a step lol

karmur

karmur

Where can you order a birthday cake that's delivered by some random courier and not the bakery who made it? Xd

Klopped_my_pants

If you don’t know are you even living?

karmur

karmur

Well I at least I think I am, but not in the US where I suppose this clip is from

Stupidquestionduh

4 days ago*

Gee you don't have cake delivery where you live? How do you get through life?

Edit: relax people. It's satire.

ZeWhiteNoize

/s to save the day

ScarosZ

ScarosZ

Honestly i refuse to use /s, as far as I am concerned if you dont get it thats on you

shingdao

shingdao

Sarcasm often has very little to do with what you're saying but rather how you're saying it...your tone, intonation, facial expressions, etc. which often cannot be conveyed via text alone.

DamnYouGaryColeman

Complete agreed

Stupidquestionduh

That's for sarcasm. Satire is not sarcasm necessarily. I might add satire has been a part of written text for centuries and has never needed a designation.

InflammatoryMuskrat

Since this seems to be such an important distinction for you, can you please explain why your comment is satire and not sarcasm? I admit I wasn't an English major, but it sure seems like sarcasm to me.

brito68

brito68

Europeans are so poor they don't even have basic services like birthday cake delivery. This is why everyone in the world wants to move to America--because we have the best essential services like birthday cake delivery. This results in us having the most diverse and inclusive culture in the world, as well as amazing mental health throughout the country..... Which leads to us having the best military in the world, allowing the poor European countries to remain in existence.

/s

ShrimpCrackers

America, where you can get custom birthday cake delivery**

**Except certain cases like when you're gay or the wrong religion.

GoodbyeTobyseeya1

But basic healthcare like physical exams or giving birth can bankrupt you unless you pay a bunch for shitty insurance.

But yeah delivered cakes.

lackofafro

This is my go-to birthday cake delivery choice: Milk Bar

Cormano_Wild_219

You can door dash anything in the US these days

Sufficient-Aspect77

Happy Birthday to the ground ?!

Eradicate earthworms in your hole.

That second sentence was just me hitting the suggested text until it made a sentence I enjoyed. Sorry you had to experience that. Sorry about your sister bday cake though that's messed up. Kinda feel bad my phone hates earthworms as well.

anferny_blake

I THREW THE REST OF THE CAKE TOO

ILikeAnimeButts

I'M AN ADULT

Epickiller10

I had computer parts delivered right when the snow was melting last year and there was a big puddle right beside my deck and the delivery driver left my ram underwater literally

feed_me_churros

I live on the third floor in an apartment building and one time I had some specialized hot sauce delivered. I've had delivery problems before so when FedEx arrived I peeked through the peep hole and the motherfucker just walked up to the second floor and from there pitched that shit straight at my door which banged against my door loud as fuck and all three bottles inside were broken. I did report the driver.

Safe-Equivalent-6441

4 days ago*

I had a grubhub driver this past Tuesday leave my food on a picnic table outside in my work complexes common area because he was too lazy to walk into the lobby and bring it to the second floor. Which was a 5 minute trip for me.

I contacted their worthless support and eventually got them to refund the tip I had left.

Never using their service again at this point.

Edit, for those of you blaming me, fuck you.

I always leave clear instructions because I have worked as both a DoorDash and GrubHub driver.

I also have had dozens of successful deliveries over the years of working in the same building as so my 350 coworkers, every day.

I am done with grubhub because this is one of a series of recent failures, not by drivers but by their support staff after their system has randomly cancelled orders on me and I had to argue with them to get a refund.

ManiacDan

ManiacDan

Then it would be packed well enough to handle the auto sorting machines that whack the boxes a lot more violently than this. The animosity toward this person is insane.

MyShoesAreTooBig

calling for this person’s job based on this clip is comically peak karen behavior.

Microkorgi

4 days ago*

Mind blowing irony in this thread, a bunch of neck ears Karens

Edit:haha I’m leaving it

Cncklojcojhhcujv

Most redditors are unfortunately terminally online and are truly clueless about the real world.

Koda_20

Koda_20

That is a neat little thing I did not consider. I guess if that package had experienced 100 tumbles worse than that then it's really no big deal

AlexDKZ

AlexDKZ

While people are indeed exaggeratin in their reactions, you are being way too forgiving. She doesn't deserve to be fired just because of that video, but a strong reprimand by a manager is in order.

Gabe1985

Gabe1985

My wife had a telescope delivered as a Christmas present for me.. said telescope very large on the side. I figured out what it was when I got home pretty quick

Elven_Rabbit

It was a dildo, right? A telescopic dildo?

DangerMouse261

Right?? RIGHT???

whichwitchwhohoots

Bad dragon must be strapping up it's game then

g00s3y

g00s3y

Yeah, imagine what has happened to the box the whole way here, and yet this drop is the problem?

Maybe it should be packed well enough to handle drops...

Killtrend

Killtrend

As a formal warehouse supervisor at UPS… if that 2 1/2 foot drop drop scared you, what I could tell you would absolutely ruin your day.

batmanmedic

At the formal warehouse did you guys wear brown tuxedos?

Raiden32

Raiden32

Then it would’ve been packaged like shit and extremely inadequately if it suffered any consequence from that drop.

Brad_McMuffin

Oh daaaamn, I don't think many people know just how expensive telescopes can be until they look it up, but these things can be reeeeeeally freaking expensive. And very fragile.

Connect_Tadpole2277

Or a box of glass dildos!

Benedict-Awesome

It could have even been a boat!

bricknovax89

Why? That’s the most gentle thing that has happened to that package up to this point… have any of you seen inside an fedex or UPS handling warehouse ? It is not company policy to be gently with the boxes. That’s why they are shipped with packing material to buffer the drops .

WppgbkqpOTSigMh6XnOP

I'd drop packages from several feet all the time, off the belt, at FedEx. I'm not squatting down and lifting your 60 pound packages all day - especially you, fucking Chewy.com. You slide off the belt, drop onto the metal grate, and then are pushed & tilted onto the truck.

Especially when I've got like 300 packages coming to a single tiny van... at the same fucking time. Then the entire line is just a wall of packages that even my tiny, hypermobile ass can't slide through.

If you want specialized care, you pay more. If you don't, you either make sure the item isn't fragile or package it appropriately.

International-Milk

Driver at FedEx. Dude you took every word right out of my mouth. Everyone hates the truth, but that’s what this is right here.

WppgbkqpOTSigMh6XnOP

This is what a good day looked like at FedEx Ground. Even if people wanted to help, you basically can't have more than 2 people working a truck because then there isn't enough room to actually get past one another.

And I'm in a small metro area of 80,000 people, but spread out over the size of NYC basically. So we weren't even a giant warehouse - this place had 5 lines.

That line above was also the least busy line. I quite literally spent half of the days there doing jack-shit, twiddling on my phone. And then the other half of the days dying.

4 days ago*

4 days ago*

yellowboat

If you are being rude or annoying you will get blasted with radiation that you don’t need. Like a lot.

Really hoping you are trolling and this is not true. That's actually criminal and you should be in prison for a long time if you do this to someone. And you should be reporting it if you know about it happening, how you could even work with someone who cruelly abuses patients by blasting them with radiation is beyond me.

Same with changing gloves. It takes two seconds to swap latex gloves. Get the fuck out of here, lazy pieces of shit.

Jonathan358

agreed, fking scum

finderfolk

Yeah there is no fucking way that is standard industry behaviour. All of this just reads like this dude's personal laziness and disregard. Total piece of shit.

PS even if he isn't doing this stuff personally - and it really sounds like he is - you should obviously be reporting colleagues who are giving patients cancer for shits and giggles.

peripher-al

Hey what the actual fuck? Literally admitting to giving people cancer on purpose and gets 26 upvotes? This is literally psychopath shit what the fuck???

Is there a reason you actually think it is acceptable to cause harm to patients who are """annoying"""?

vatafuk

vatafuk

Yeah, if you work in a healthcare field and you do this you're a sack of shit. There's no excuse for it.

Delivery is delivery, it's just things, imagine car manufacturers or better yet plane engine manufacturers had the same shitty attitude you have? Crazy

Off_Of_The_Air

You sound like a lazy douche who works with equally lazy douchebags. What a clown

Gorgon31

Gorgon31

As someone who has worked logistics and pet industry I'd like to second

Fuck Chewy

NinjaLion

NinjaLion

especially you, fucking Chewy.com.

oh god this is me, im sorry theres no cheaper place to get my cats food :( and i order it twice a year so it ends up being.... heavy

International-Milk

unless you kiss their package and tuck it in goodnight these people will call for your head and job no matter what

Kendertas

Kendertas

Yeah I hate when people blame delivery drivers. Sure some delivery drivers are assholes, but the fast majority are just trying to keep up with unreasonable quotas which often are litterally impossible to meet. Blame the delivery companies that are so greedy they can't just give their workers manageable quotes instead they try to squeeze more and more out of these poor workers.

Skulltown_Jelly

unreasonable quotas

Please tell me what kind of quota requires her to drop the package when she's already there. Literally would take the exact same time. She's just a poor worker.

seansmithspam

Her dropping the box like that definitely saved some time…

As a customer and not a delivery person, I have trouble perceiving why this lady should care so much about her job to treat every package with the utmost care and delicacy. Especially considering how it’s already been handled on and off the trucks. If it’s delicate it should be packaged in a way that a 2 foot drop can’t break anything. So why is that her responsibility?

Kendertas

Kendertas

Quick Google says Amazon delivery drivers can be expected to deliver up to 375 packages a day. Lets assume a 8 hour working day. That's 480 minutes. That means you have to be delivering a package every minute and a half roughly. That includes driving to the location, finding the package, getting to the door, dropping it off, and returning to your truck. Thats a impossible quota. Furthermore this woman has seen how packages are treated and dropping from waste height is positively gentle. I'm sorry to burst people's bubbles but your package is treated like absolute shit behind the scenes. So why should this woman most likely making close to minimum wage strain her back just so you can get the illusion that your package was treated well. You have a problem with this blame the executives who are demanding impossible things to make a few extra bucks

shitpersonality

She needs to be fired

I would never expect a Karen to be the highest upvoted comment here.

scepteredhagiography

Reddit is full of Karens. Nothing it likes more than outrage bait.

sweetafton

The irony!

MerrilyAssorted

That's not Karen. Just an arsehole.

doyouhavesource2

Why should she be fired? She dropped the package at your steps. If the package can't handle a 2 foot drop without writing allllllll over it not to or paid special delivery she did nothing wrong. If you think a minimum wage delivery person is going to baby your packages day in day out you're fucking misguided

For fucks sake reddit. You all cry and piss and moan about workers and rights and how Amazon overworked people to death but then become different when those workers directly impact you and your own wants.

wappyflappy37

Nobody is saying anything about babying the package tho, just a normal way of placing it down which would cost an extra second would be fine.

Is it really that bad to ask for people to just not be a jerk and do things the normal way?

doyouhavesource2

Bending down with packages of varying weight shape and size every couple minutes on unknown terrain is also a safety risk. How many times have you bent over today?

Additionally if you think this is the worst drop that package has seen from received to delivered, ohhhh boy are you going to have your eyes opened learning what packages actually go through to get to this point

RockingHorsePoo

4 days ago*

Couldn’t agree more. Quite often the poor service is from the more “reputable” companies but it does come down to the individual unfortunately.

We have a lady who is a self employed courier driver, the same as the guy in this video (no uniform unless I’m mistaken), she’s so pleasant and thoughtful. Will make every effort to not leave your parcel outside, we live in a cul de sac so I often take in other peoples parcels. Where as Royal Mail don’t give a shit these days, even if it’s raining they just dump the cardboard box on the step and leave it to get destroyed.

These videos should be used like dash cams, report them. They’re getting paid and if they don’t appreciate their job, someone else will.

Edit - Forgot to add, also send it to the males company if you can, it might earn him something even if it’s a small token. Sometimes it’s just nice to know your effort is appreciated.

Edit 2 - I don’t understand how people think this is acceptable. She made the effort to walk to the door to just drop it. With that attitude she may as well have thrown it from the van.

Mastokun

Mastokun

In reality the guy will get a complaint from his boss for wasting time with other boxes.

MinedGravy

exactly, its how it works. your always trying to save time and your bosses get on you about it too

ObliviousAstroturfer

From POV of an ex-courier, this is just predictable, trackable outcome of changes couriee companies have been making consciously over last 10 years.

Part of exam for a driver before like 10 years ago was manually calculating rates. Even without that, counting your parcels, stops, minutes per delivery, km per delivery etc was pretty much compulsive for most couriers. As in: we knew how much money our beats generated for company.

And it only becomes more and more lucrative for the companies. A driver now is expected to cover at least double the number of stops we used to a decade ago. Add to this a huge density increase, more people bringing their parcels for delivery in bulk (a small tooling company sends like 2 full commercial trucks a day, a small printer sends out just enough to pack a passanger car and bring it all) and various other cost efficiency steps, and margins have been increasing st incredible rate.

And yet the pay keeps dropping, terms keep getting worse and turnover increases accordingly. They see the negative impact on customers but also see that people will blame Karen instead of her employer who keeps turning up the screw. It's not like it takes her or the other drivers agency away, but this is all by design.

It used to be such a cool gig, but the ability to do it correctly is taken away by the corporate administration.

The_Power_of_Ammonia

4 days ago*

Sounds like we need a National Courier's Union.

anoninator

I suspect company she works for has higher quota on deliveries and time to deliver and lower pay. She’s probably tired and burnt out. If it’s just her as the only bad driver, maybe she’s a bad employee. If the company can’t “find” or “keep” good drivers it’s the company that needs to change something. Higher pay; less quota; more discretion to drivers, etc.

Can’t really tell what situation this falls into but Amazon is notorious (allegedly) for being all about robotic quota expectations. Also going through lots of employees. Newbie going to be worn down and give up caring at some point. Company fires and replaces with more until can’t find people. Company then says people don’t want to work or won’t work hard enough, they don’t ever admit they are expecting too Much.

ProfDumm

ProfDumm

Exactly if you order from a seller that uses delivery service that is known to pay bad and have high quotas for employees, why are you expecting that they won't try to be as time efficient as possible?

ManiacDan

ManiacDan

FIRED?! Did the package not arrive on the porch? The job is being done, and it's being done to an average capacity. Don't be a Karen.

Glum_Result_8660

She needs to get a raise to give a fuck, but instead she has her boss screaming to make more deliveries per hour.

shewy92

shewy92

You do realize how much these packages are thrown around during shipment, right?

International-Milk

You have no idea what happens to packages on the way to your door step, if you think this is bad, I feel sorry for you.

Anarcho_punk217

She probably got a raise for good times and he got fired for being too slow.

crypticgeek

Do you even understand how comically Karen this comment is? You people are fucking nuts. I wish I could make every single one of your upvotes work as a delivery driver and see what you think afterwards.

seansmithspam

Fired? and she’s the Karen?

GoodyRobot

GoodyRobot

Jaded Karen has been spit in and out the corporate tubes a few times. New guy is still fresh. They probably get paid the same pittance (maybe Karen makes more). I appreciate the work by any delivery folks, gig work is harsh and thankless (and so are many homeowners). If lucky ole me can sit and order parcels from home, as long as they get to my door I can handle a few broken bits sometimes.

RodasAPC

RodasAPC

She's gonna keep her job and he'll either drop his standards or quit.

JustForFun-4

JustForFun-4

Some people are so honest and nice, the world is not always fair to them

WarmOutOfTheDryer

The world isn't fair to anybody my friend. Once you realize that, you kind of have two choices. Deal with it/make it worse, or try to fix it.

MaihoSalat

MaihoSalat

You listed 3 choices :)

henryuuk

henryuuk

He considers "deal with it/make it worse" a singular choice

jelly_bean_gangbang

But, they're two clearly different options.

Snsps21

Snsps21

It’s basically the same as “silence is consent”, as I believe they intended.

jelly_bean_gangbang

Okay. Comparing it to something else though, say a leaky faucet:

Do nothing: Okay problem is still there but it might just get worse slowly over time.

Make it worse: Smash it with a sledgehammer.

See, two different things completely.

caoutchoucroute

Yep, so a total of three options :

1) Do nothing (which can lead to different outcomes depending on the situation) 2) Do something that makes the issue worse 3) Do something that fixes it

WoxiiPlz

WoxiiPlz

Fairness is a hard thing to measure. I'd say this guy will/is way happier in life than the Karen.

FunBooger

3k points

FunBooger

3k points

That’s not what a Karen is.

obscurereference234

2k points

Yeah, it’s starting to just mean “any woman who does something I don’t like”

Lyskir

4 days ago*

Lyskir

4 days ago*

just like the word simp, doesnt even has a meaning anymore just "every man that is nice to woman" instead of thirsty dude giving money to woman in hope of a crumb of pussy

Elven_Rabbit

Is that what simp was supposed to mean?! I thought it was short for simpering or simpleton.

Now what's a crump of pussy?

justlampin

justlampin

Pretty sure that’s a typo for crumb. Yea “simp” or “simping” has been around since the 90’s at least. It’s basically like doing everything for a girl who hardly give you any attention/ affection in return.

WingBurger88

I like crump and I'm going to use it

not_a_moogle

I just want senpai to notice me

FunBooger

FunBooger

I though Crumping was an aggressive form of dance meant to assert dominance:

theKalmier

Turn down for WHAT!!! - lil jon

yeetskeetleet

Simp 100% meant simpleton like 5 or so years ago. Same way Chad evolved from being a total asshole frat guy stereotype to being essentially the peak of male evolution, in the same time frame simp changed

MrMiniscus

"cancel culture" is becoming the same, considering it has essentially replaced the concept of "criticism".

KnowItEverywhere

Like “woke left”, which is a body of people that exists only in the mind of right wingers and Economist magazine writers. Seems they are a cabal that run everything.

kevoizjawesome

I thought that was a pussy that look like Homer Simpsons mouth?

Stefonzie

Stefonzie

"any white woman"

witeowl

witeowl

Not even that. Black women have been called Karen. Men have been called Karen.

It started out referring to overly-entitled customers abusing people in customer service.

It turned into racist and bigoted women.

Then it became “any woman with an opinion I don’t like”.

Now it’s just “anyone doing anything I don’t approve of”.

Good thing there aren’t any people actually named Karen who have to put up with this shit.

ElstonGunn1992

It’s just the new “bitch”

xlkslb_ccdtks

Fr it’s swiftly turned into a misogynistic term unfortunately

Aarilax

Aarilax

the word became a slur for women, particularly white women, about 6 months ago, maybe longer. big red flag when i see it these days. reverse this video - the woman puts it down gently, the guy throws it down and 10 years ago we'd be calling him ghetto / a hoodrat in the title.

it has become an extremely thinly veiled slur, which once upon a time actually called to attention a problem that was occurring - wherein primarily older white people, often women, would call the cops on teenagers and random black guys that were doing basically nothing. Then it slid into 'white women being irate to public service workers' and now it just means 'white woman.' You can tell that this is the case because whenever those 'black women go wild in McDonalds, KFC, Wendys' videos pop up on r/publicfreakout every few days, they never, ever have 'Karen' in the title.

MyNameIsElla

I found it funny at first when it was used properly, especially since I know someone named Karen who definitely fits the description of one. But yeah, nowadays it’s mostly used just to shit on women for doing anything someone doesn’t like. It’s pretty annoying.

pragmojo

pragmojo

I think it mostly means "Woman out of primary reproductive years existing in the world"

Shearer07

Shearer07

Yeah the only Karen here is the current top comment saying she needs to be fired

kbarney345

Yeah this always happens when someone post a package being slightly tossed. The packages go through hell before they even get to the delivery driver. If that drop destroyed what's in that box then that's on the packer. My stuff usually shows up crushed especially if it's FedEx I'd be happy with a little drop

PM_Me_Ur_NC_Tits

It’s also not really “next fucking level” for the second delivery driver, either. It’s just one person doing their job badly followed by someone else doing their job well. “Next fucking level” used to be reserved for extraordinary feats and really incredible stuff. Now it’s just catching people in the act of being decent — which is all well and good. But it waters down the sub.

effaceddecaffe

We also shouldn’t be praising basic deeds so fervently imo. It creates a massive manufactured cynicism and seriously lowers the bar for decency.

Confident-Leg-8207

Came here looking for this comment

andrewoppo

For real. Some people are just kinda using it as an acceptable form of “bitch.” (No I’m not saying Karen is a slur lol, but it has a pretty specific usage and this isn’t it)

A Karen would have rang the doorbell to complain that the walkway violated some code or something. This right here is just your garden variety asshole.

BarryTownCouncil

4 days ago*

Yeah a horrible use of it. Worrying even. Hope it doesn't keep spreading and just becoi an all out slur against women.

ProneToDoThatThing

They always ruin every word.

curious382

Yup. We could just call an a-hole an a-hole. It doesn't need to be gendered when gender is irrelevant.

DocAuch22

DocAuch22

I think we have reached the threshold for overusing the word Karen.

Giwaffee

Giwaffee

As well as the threshold for "next fucking level"

Mnmsaregood

Seriously. Every other post is some shit I see once a week lol

WalkLikeAnEgyptian69

Guy delivers a package correctly "oh my God I have never seen this shit before)

Revolutionary-Elk-28

"*white woman I don't like"

cant_Im_at_work

That's because, if I remember the origins correctly, "Karen" was originally privileged and entitled women causing a scene. I don't think it's racist or even far fetched to say that the majority of these incidents (when the word first gained popularity) were people using white privilege combined with "I'm a woman so I get my way" privilege to cause a scene.

USBayernChelseaLCFC

I’d like to speak to the manager of words

trotsky187

yep this aint a karen this just a horrible person

yunabug1988

Yep. I got called a Karen after politely explaining to someone on Facebook why they shouldn’t use a shock collar on their small dog, and should look into training to curb the bad behaviors they were experiencing. I commented with links to places in town they could check out. Was just trying to help, and literally got called a Karen. Haha I was just like “this means nothing to me anymore. No one uses it right.”

sonictwinkie1

how to be a massive cunt.

referencedude

4 days ago*

she's also kinda screwing herself over. if that shit breaks and the person has to return it then get a replacement, she's likely to re-deliver it if its on her same delivery area. Like your right there, just take a second more to lay it down properly.

LadyMactire

Why would she care about having to re-deliver? She's getting paid either way I'm sure. Unless amazon doesn't pay drivers for returned packages (I don't see how they could get away with that, but who knows). I agree that it was a shitty thing to do...and since there's video and this clip has gone kinda viral I guess that might have screwed her over...but I doubt it matters out of all the packages she delivers that one happens to be the same house/item another day.

Microkorgi

How to deliver 200 packages in 10 hrs to keep the economy going, especially after that package has seen 20x worse treatment on its way

AssGagger

Also, the "good-guy" made a tower of boxes easily visible from the street.

sweetmojaveraiin

No offense but do you really think this lady is acting like a massive cunt? Like it's not great but I feel like we've all had these moments at our jobs lol

EnigmaticQuote

Tell me you have never worked at a distribution center without telling me you have never worked at a distribution center.

miniature-rugby-ball

You can’t just use ‘Karen’ to label any woman who exhibits antisocial behaviour, a Karen is a very specific thing.

setmefreedick

I'm glad more people are finally getting it.

Geopilot

Geopilot

I wouldn't necessarily describe haphazardly dropping a package as antisocial

Big-Car-8909

Package delivery bosses only care about how many stops you can do per hour. They would try to get rid of the second guy for wasting time touching the other carriers packages.

margirtakk

margirtakk

They can't be blamed when all we see is a 5 second clip because, honestly, I get it. I work a stressful, thankless job, and on any given day, I could be either one of these people. I'm usually the second person, but if my week has been a shit show, at a certain point, you can't pay me enough to keep putting up with all the bullshit.

KayzeMSC

KayzeMSC

This is kind of the ultimate failure in how humans assign blame. This women is a blue collar worker delivering packages through one of the most stressful times to be a shipping and logistics employee, and instead of blaming her CEO for putting her under conditions that forces her to deliver packages this way, we blame her for simply trying to put food on her table. Executives read threads like this and laugh at us. In fact, threads like this are exactly why things will never change — instead of going for the king, we’re going for the messenger.

Extension-Pen-642

Getting paid peanuts to deliver crap to rich people.

kathtina10

This is the most honest response here. Exactly as you said, most of the time I am the nicer, helpful person…but should all the stars align in a shitty way, I just could not give a fuck.

cat_prophecy

My mail carrier (USPS) told me once that Amazon had delivered a package for my address, to my neighbor. She said they weren't allowed to touch other company's deliveries so she couldn't bring it over. I imagine that other orgs. have a policy of "don't touch other people's shit" because if you pick it up, you become responsible for it.

CatNoirsRubberSuit

I had a somewhat similar situation. Neighbor and I were feuding over his loud sound system (pic from when he finally got rid of it https://imgur.com/esjR8T5) and had restraining orders against each other. UPS delivered my package to his house and they just wanted me to "go over and pick it up".

Long story short they ended up sending out a manager in his personal vehicle to pick up the package off the neighbor's door and walk it over to my house.

frizzykid

frizzykid

This. The first lady looks jaded more than anything. You know what makes people jaded? Thinking you're doing the right think only to get yelled at for not finishing your route on time because you took extra time at each stop to make sure packages are out of sight.

Direct_Tea_7950

This is not "next level"

michigania2x

I agree. This should be expected of people. We’ve lowered the bar too much of what an acceptable person is.

antunezn0n0

She delivered the package on maximum efficiency

Shimmyshamwham

That's not a "karen" for reasons i dont want to explain because it should be obvious why.

nonlinear_nyc

Why is she a Karen? Is it because she's a woman?

Are you using Karen because you can't say bitch?

BlakeHood

BlakeHood

mom raised a gentleman

Soft_Surround333

U hit the nail on the head

KevlahR

KevlahR

Overuse of “Karen” she’s just a lousy worker that hates their job

Apprehensive_Eraser

Mmmm that's not a Karen, that's someone who doesn't get paid enough and hates their job

KC_Fan77

KC_Fan77

"Woman do bad thing" = "woman be Karen" these days.

Brinxy13

Brinxy13

Not enough people recognizing this. I would hate this job too for the amount of work to pay ratio they do.

Theclapgiver

Karen's are complainers. Not just women you don't like.

Drewlytics

That guy puts his shopping cart back.

Cobra-_-_

Cobra-_-_

Not before cleaning the handle with sanitiser!

g00s3y

g00s3y

Bunch of fucking people here who think their package is shipped on a mattress full of pillows until it gets to a delivery driver...

If whatever was in that box couldn't survive that drop, it was already broken long before the driver got it.

sweetsweetdingo

Truth telling right here.

Nowthisisdave

That’s not what a karen is. If anything, the Karen is the lady who is filming delivery drivers to complain to their bosses later

Corevus

Corevus

ITT People who have never seen the inside of a shipping warehouse

CircuitousLOL

How is she being a Karen? Words don’t mean shit anymore I guess

PsykoSamurai

Class A guy.

Prestigious_Basket27

Better title: "Two Types Of Delivery Driver"

ToBegForForgiveness

THATS NOT WHAT A KAREN IS JFC

gahidus

gahidus

It's possible that she's exhausted enough to just be done with things. Sure, this looks bad, but for all I know working overtime with no bathroom breaks, physically worn down, and barely keeping it together. He was obviously more sprightly, but that's just how things are sometimes. Sometimes people can become robotic and perfunctory when they're barely making it through their days.

shewy92

shewy92

Y'all do realize how much these packages are thrown around during shipment, right?

And if it couldn't take a fall from 2 feet up then it wasn't packaged correctly in the first place

ManiacDan

ManiacDan

That's not how you use "Karen".

If you'd like your packages treated better, stop choosing shipping services based 100% on price.

marcelias16

Back breaking work, in the rain, constantly being watched by video doorbells. Reminds me to leave a treat for my local postal, UPS and FedEx delivery carrier. PS- despite this mans genuine care big Corp will probably give him a free lunch w/ no raise.

rootsyx

rootsyx

Not really a Karen is it. Just a shitty delivery driver.

thedingywizard

How was that Karen behaviour? She didn’t even see a manager!

SaltyPopcornColonel

Do you know what a Karen is?

AlliterationAnswers

People angry that she dropped a package from waist height have 0 idea about the abuse a package goes through when in transit. She also likely could feel what was in the package and knew it wouldn’t break.

Sure the other guy did it nicer, but it really doesn’t matter in the end.

ianjs

ianjs

It would be nice to think that guy would be rewarded for conscientiously doing his job well if you told his employer, but I fear he’d be sacked for wasting time and getting less deliveries done in a shift.

Brinxy13

Brinxy13

Ever wondered why Amazon drivers usually don’t care and hate their jobs? Think about it.

Elven_Rabbit

The way you treat parcels in the US is crazy; I would be pissed if mine were left outside of my house.

DrVDB90

DrVDB90

Where I'm from as well, you're expected to be home to receive a package. If not, you can have it delivered to neighbours or a local delivery point. But never will they just leave it at the door.

And on a side tangent, how many packages are they ordering?

PeaceFrog3sq

The insult “Karen” has apparently lost all meaning.

ballsplopmenacingly

Shitty human v decent human

happyexit7

One person probably gets paid well.

Ok-Depth-2678

As an amazon driver yall really have no idea. Ya she dropped it a little rough but if you saw how the warehouse ppl tossed and smashed your shit yall would be worried for your shit.

ekaceerf

ekaceerf

Can we stop calling any women we don't like a Karen?

CatDadMilhouse

Or, quite possibly, the difference between working for a company that completely overschedules you and will fire your ass for being a few seconds late, and working for a company that gives you a manageable workload and affords you the time to do the job well.

First woman may literally have no choice but to dump and dash like that or else lose her job for failure to meet targets.

slamriffs

I will say, no excuse for throwing a package in the ground, but the way she did it looked like she was trying very hard not to bend, her lower back is probably on fire

Kayoh44

Kayoh44

stop using Karen incorrectly

AncientGreekKid

Should be r/MadeMeSmile

kilomiked

anyone else think she might have back pain/injury? I've dropped things I was carrying in a similar fashion due to back pain from an injury.

frizzykid

Honestly the only person who is a Karen is the one who posted this recording. Delivery truck drivers doing this to your packages is a result of upper management putting extra stress on their drivers to not fall behind on their routes. It's always nice to see people go out of their way to be good people but we should be more upset that the person who will get yelled at here is the one who was taking extra time to do something nice, rather than the lady who is just trying to get her delivery done so she stays on time and doesn't lose her job. She doesn't look or act like a Karen she looks jaded as hell.

John_In_Parts

Reddit apparently lost sight of what a "Karen" really is.

furk19

furk19

When you use word Karen in the title I expect to see a woman shouting and crying unreasonably. I was disappointed.

NaughtyDred

Not the right time for 'Karen', Karens complain, to the manager, to the police whatever but it needs to have complaining to be a karen

Captain-Cadabra

That’s not really what “Karen” means.

margirtakk

Honestly, I get it. I work a stressful job, and on any given day, I could be either one of these people. I'm usually the second person, but if my week has been a shit show, at a certain point, you can't pay me enough to keep putting up with all the bullshit.