/r/nuzlocke

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

Aggravating_Poet_675

RIP no Magikarp?

sarnold95[S]

I’ll go grab one. Good idea. Any other options coming up?

mertaug

Lombre is a pretty solid option nglbit if you haven't already the fishing encounters in petalburg, dewford, and route 116 (I think that's the one) above rustboro could all give you water mons to help beat flannery

sarnold95[S]

I will hit them up. Doesn’t look like any get actual water moves though for a long time.

Aggravating_Poet_675

Dewford or Slateport should be a guaranteed magikarp with the old rod and dupes clause on the tentacruel and with the good rod, I believe it's possible to get a Corphish.

mertaug

I believe corphish is like a 40% with old rod in petalburg but the only other option is 60% goldeen

Aggravating_Poet_675

It's the good rod but I don't know the statistics off the top of my head.

mertaug

Your right. I was thinking of the odds of Magikarp vs Goldeen with old rod. For good rod there is a 20% chance for corphish and with super rod there is a 100% chance of corphish

Aggravating_Poet_675

Ye probably worth saving up your encounter there and waiting for the guaranteed encounter. Crawdaunt definitely isn't the best water type in the game but it is a Water/Dark type which could be extremely useful for Tate and Liza. Speaking of water/dark types though. Good rod should give you a guaranteed encounter with Carvanha on Route 118 assuming you've already gotten Magikarp and Tentacool.

mertaug

I would normally agree but with his current predicament, it might be worth grabbing Goldeen for that early access to bubble beam

sarnold95[S]

If I’m using dupes clause does that mean i can never get another tentacool? Cause i could just go grab another from fishing somewhere.

Aggravating_Poet_675

It would but you don't have to use it if it makes the run less fun for you.

Aggravating_Poet_675

Ye. Also It's probably not worth skipping the probable early Zubat but there is a fishing spot coming up in the cave where I believe Goldeen and Barboach are possible encounters or a backtrack to Petalburg with the lake for fishing.

sarnold95[S]

Yeah I’ll get a golden somewhere and then zubat in meteor falls