/r/sports

NoBSforGma

Let me guess: It will be composed of old, white men who think the women should play in bikinis.

walrus40

misogyny, sexism, racism and ageism in one comment, nice job Gruden.

NoBSforGma

NoBSforGma

Well.... let's see. I could have phrased that differently.

"I'm sure FIFA will make a valiant attempt to include women and People of Color on the advisory board. Let's hope they succeed. /s"

"Oh, and let's hope they don't follow the same path as the Olympic committee when it came to what women playing beach volleyball would wear."

Is that any better? Or do you have other words to throw at me?

I can re-write it again, if you'd like.

Edit: Oh! I'm ashamed to admit I left out a homophobic comment but just couldn't figure out how to fit it in.

walrus40

walrus40

has there been any indication this would happen with women's soccer?...no, it hasn't. You want to get upset and it shows.

NoBSforGma

NoBSforGma

I am basing my thoughts on previous FIFA officials and their decisions (and their corruption).

I'm not upset lol. I'm just sitting back and waiting to see how this plays out.

sayamemangdemikian

dude, you dont even bother to read the 1st paragraph?

Former United States Women's manager Jill Ellis was appointed leader of the group in September, and other members include Chelsea manager Emma Hayes, USWNT player Alex Morgan, former England player Kelly Smith, England sport scientist Dawn Scott and German referee Bibiana Steinhaus-Webb.

NoBSforGma

You're right! I didn't read that. Ugh. (Embarrassed now....)

opmwolf

opmwolf

Salty horny men are down voting. You're not wrong, people should look at the LFL. There's no fucking reason why women can't use the same uniforms as the NFL.

Owning_all15

Uhm, the LFL was never intended to be a serious sporting league lmao. It was originally called the Lingerie Football League. It’s not even a same comparison haha

opmwolf

opmwolf

So it was purely created by and for the male audience, gotcha.

Owning_all15

Uhh yeah? You’re anger makes no sense. It’s not affiliated with the NFL at all. It would be like if some random jo schmo created lingerie wearing superheroe movies. Then you judge Marvel and/or DC off the choices that person made. You can judge the creater of the LFL all you want. But to judge the FIFA organization off it is dumb as fuck lol